We fight a war against mess in our houses every day. It is a battle which we can win if we simply follow a few suggestions which will make our homes more presentable and attractive to our guests and ourselves. The suggestions listed below are useful also when we decide to sell or rent our homes as tidy and well looked after homes reassure visitors and potential buyers.
Here are our ten suggestions to make your houses tidier:
• For every room in your house find the 'centre' of the mess and check it every day: for example, in the bedroom, making your bed every morning will help you to keep the bedroom tidy at all times and the same in the kitchen where you should never leave anything in the sink;
• Organise the house in line with your main activities so that you have everything to hand at all times and never need to turn a room or simply a wardrobe upside down to find what you need;
• Keep your post and bills in special containers or classify them. It will help you keep your documents in order and you won't find them scattered around the house;
• Put containers in your children's rooms and fill them up with all the toys scattered around the house;
• In the bathroom try to use all the drawers so that you don't have too many objects scattered around gathering dust;
• Try to clean one room a day. In this way your home will always be clean and tidy;
• Learn to check everything in the house periodically and throw away the objects you don't need any more. You'll gain precious space in this way;
• Never pile things on top of each other like newspapers, books and other objects. As well as creating a mess you'll also mix everything up;
• Hide television, computer, DVD and electrical appliance cables and wires. Get yourself a cable coiler or tube specifically made for a tidy home;
• If you haven't done so yet, get yourself a basket for dirty laundry and you'll eliminate 30% of the mess in your house.